The WTO Was a Mistake and It’s Time to Get Out NOW!
Even though we cannot see it, the invisible hand of the World Trade Organization (WTO) impacts all aspects of American society. Unlike America however, it is not a democratic organization. All of its meetings are secret. This non-transparent organization is comprised of 159 nations and restricts America’s capacity to act in its own best interest as other member nations use the WTO’s judiciary body to change American laws and bypass American courts.
By signing the agreement with the World Trade Organization, the U.S. Congress agreed to concede a major portion of our sovereignty and usurp our democratic legislative process, including:
- conforming U.S. laws, regulations and administrative procedures to the will of the WTO (Article XVI, p. 10)
- subjecting all federal, state and local laws and practices that affect trade to international review by the WTO (Article XVI, p. 10)
- allowing any WTO member country to challenge federal, state and local laws and practices as trade impeding (Section 2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding)
- taking all trade disputes to the WTO judiciary – giving the WTO final jurisdiction over all trade altercations. No appeal exists outside of the WTO (Section 2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding)
- empowering the WTO to enforce its rulings by imposing fines on the United States until we comply
- disallowing Congress to change the agreement.
The rights of America are subservient to the will of the World Trade Organization. Those who signed this lengthy agreement did not read the fine print or did not have the interests of America in mind.
America’s WTO agreement MUST be amended or eliminated!
The WTO does not help America. In fact, it is severely hurting our economic stability. It demands the removal of protections from some nations while allowing protections in others. For example, China still uses tariffs against American companies, yet the U.S. is not allowed to put tariffs on Chinese products entering our country.
Who elected this secret global government?
The only solution for America is to leave the WTO. Until we do, per Article VI of the United States Constitution, our agreement with the World Trade Organization forced us to accept the WTO as “the Supreme Law of the Land” because we signed on to its charter. Regardless how bad it is for us, we must obey their rules.
To withdraw from the WTO, the president would be required to simply send a letter to both the Congress and the Director General of the WTO. We would then be free of any obligations to the WTO in merely six months (Article XV, p. 10). We must push the president to withdraw as it is clear that Congress does not yet have the will needed to leave this global governance organization.
For more information on the state of the nation, and policies to strengthen our weakened economic condition, be sure to subscribe to receive our newsletter twice weekly. (03)