Major Problems Facing Our Country Today
Who is managing our country, and for whose benefit?
Laws are being made that encourage foreign corporations to set up shop in the U.S. They receive huge tax benefits and various subsidies for bringing their jobs to our country. Strategic industries are being sold out from under us, and our wealth producing capabilities are diminishing. Jobs are fleeing the country and we are being economically disabled.
- Irresponsible sale of strategic companies to foreign ownership (sold over 16,000 of our best wealth producing companies to foreign corporations)
- Loss or decline of major industries (steel, publishing, clothing, machine tools, automobiles, electronics, others)
- Loss of good jobs
- Uncompetitiveness in manufacturing
- Wealth transfer to foreign ownership ($1,400,000 per minute flowing to foreign countries)
- Difficulty for college students to find jobs for which they were trained and there are fewer American-owned companies for them to work for
- Manufacturing Outsourcing – dismantling America’s industrial base – giving away our technology and jobs to foreign companies and have them produce for us in their country
- Insourcing – subsidizing foreign companies to manufacturer in America for their benefit and their profit, quickly displacing and putting out of business our American owned factories, leaving us with shell factories whose job is primarily assembling imported components
In order to address these issues, we must do the following:
- We must strive to become competitive otherwise we must exist on imports with more debt, accompanied with high unemployment.
- It must pay to manufacture or no company will do it.
- American owned companies have lost their edge and on balance are not as productive as many other foreign companies; we must learn to correct this with capital & knowledge intensive industries.
- We have lost a major economics war; we are relinquishing management and control of our economy through effects of our Balance of Trade Deficit, outsourcing, subsidized insourcing and foreign tax benefits.
- We must think of the consequences of losing whole industries such as publishing, steel, electronics, clothing and how it impacts national security and living standards.
It is time our leaders actually started managing our country.