The WTO Has Put America on the Path to Becoming a “Colony” Again
The World Trade Organization (WTO) has come to represent the most efficient form of colonization the world has ever seen – reaping all the benefits with no downsides of occupation. The corporate agenda of the organization has destroyed the American economy, allowing multinationalists to exploit the world’s cheap resources and put America out of work and out of business.
The WTO routinely trumps U.S. laws and conventions with its rulings. According to former trade representative Robert Lighthizer, the U.S. is one of the most sued nations in the WTO, and we lose 9 out of every 10 cases brought against us. By signing the agreement with the World Trade Organization, Congress agreed to concede a major portion of our sovereignty and usurp our democratic legislative process, including:
- Conforming U.S. laws, regulations and administrative procedures to the will of the WTO (Article XVI, p. 10)
- Subjecting all federal, state and local laws and practices that affect trade to international review by the WTO (Article XVI, p. 10)
- Allowing any WTO member country to challenge federal, state and local laws and practices as trade impeding (Section 2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding)
- Taking all trade disputes to the WTO judiciary – giving the WTO final jurisdiction over all trade altercations. No appeal exists outside of the WTO (Section 2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding)
- Empowering the WTO to enforce its rulings by imposing fines on the United States until we comply
- Disallowing Congress to change the agreement
It is absolutely imperative that we renegotiate terms or completely withdraw from the WTO. What benefits does our nation receive from being a part of this corrupt organization? While we routinely have to overturn laws and face penalties, nations such as China and members of the European Union have been free to run amuck over international trading laws.
The Rights of America are Subservient to the Will of the World Trade Organization. Those who Signed this Lengthy Agreement did not Read the Fine Print or did not have the Interests of America in Mind.