We No Longer Control Our Own Country! Unknown To Most Americans, the WTO Now Rules Us!
We no longer control our own country! This is not an idle statement or a joke and few people, even our legislators, are aware of it. We are now controlled by the WTO – Here is how:
We are controlled to a great extent by the WTO. It is a biased undemocratic organization of 153 nations that limits America’s ability to act in its own best interest, in fact it works to our detriment ruling against us 9 out of every 10 times.
By signing the agreement with the World Trade Organization, the U.S. President and Congress agreed to concede a major portion of our Constitution in favor of the WTO’s constitution and relinquish our sovereignty and usurp our democratic legislative process, including:
- Conforming U.S. laws, regulations and administrative procedures to the will of the WTO (Article XVI, p. 10)
- Subjecting all federal, state and local laws and practices that affect trade to international review by the WTO (Article XVI, p. 10)
- Allowing any WTO member country to challenge federal, state and local laws and practices as trade impeding (Section 2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding)
- Taking all trade disputes to the WTO judiciary – giving the WTO final jurisdiction over all trade altercations. No appeal exists outside of the WTO (Section 2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding)
- Empowering the WTO to enforce its rulings by imposing fines on the United States until we comply
- Disallowing Congress to change the agreement.
The rights of America are now subservient to the will of the World Trade Organization. Those who signed this lengthy agreement did not read the fine print or did not have the interests of America in mind.
We must renegotiate terms or completely withdraw from the WTO.
Amending the agreement with the WTO requires submitting a proposal to the Ministerial Conference. Once the amendment has been accepted, it should only take 90 days to render a consensus. (Article X, p. 6). If the United States opts to withdraw, the President would be required to send a letter to both the Congress and the Director General of the WTO and we would be free of any obligations to the WTO in six months (Article XV, p. 9). Until then, per Article VI of the United States Constitution, our agreement with the World Trade Organizations “shall be the Supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby.”
Many wonder why our economy is floundering, the reason is the WTO’s involvement into our affairs to our determent and we will not be able to fix it until we get out of the WTO.
Let’s take our country back!
For more information on the state of the nation, and policies to strengthen our weakened economic condition, be sure to subscribe to receive our newsletter twice weekly. (04)