Why Our Membership in The WTO Is Destroying America
Many may not be aware that the United States has become subservient to a biased, undemocratic organization bent on usurping our sovereignty and trampling on our freedoms. It’s known as the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The WTO is an organization of 153 nations that limits America’s ability to act in its own best interest. The corporate agenda of the organization has destroyed the American economy, allowing multi-nationalists to exploit the world’s cheap resources and put America out of work and out of business.
But what exactly does it mean to be a member of the WTO?
For starters it means the United States has no larger vote than a smaller country, such as Grenada (Article IX, p. 5). Even more alarming is that the WTO has come to represent the most efficient form of colonization the world has ever seen – reaping all the benefits with no downsides of occupation.
Furthermore, the WTO routinely trumps U.S. laws and conventions with its rulings. According to former trade representative Robert Lighthizer, the U.S. is one of the most sued nations in the WTO, and loses 9 out of every 10 cases brought against it!
- Conforming U.S. laws, regulations and administrative procedures to the will of the WTO (Article XVI, p. 10)
- Subjecting all federal, state and local laws and practices that affect trade to international review by the WTO (Article XVI, p. 10)
- Allowing any WTO member country to challenge federal, state and local laws and practices as trade impeding (Section 2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding)
- Taking all trade disputes to the WTO judiciary – giving the WTO final jurisdiction over all trade altercations. No appeal exists outside of the WTO (Section 2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding)
- Empowering the WTO to enforce its rulings by imposing fines on the United States until we comply
- Disallowing Congress to change the agreement.
Additionally, many rulings of the WTO supersede national laws, covering many aspects of society that affect us all – including food safety standards and environmental standards. Unfortunately this means our leaders have effectively surrendered our economic sovereignty to the WTO at the expense of the health, safety, and financial security of U.S. Citizens.
Clearly our involvement with the WTO is preventing the recovery of our economy. The U.S. has already lost enough due to our damaging treaty with that biased organization. Wake up America! how much longer are we going to sit by and let the WTO continue to wreak havoc on our economy and our freedoms?
Contact your congressmen and ask what they’re doing to stop the disastrous effects of the WTO on the U.S. economy! Send this article to five of your friends and have them do the same.